Scotts Steering Dampers
These kits are a great addition to your motorcycle and we have them available for almost all late model quads, mx, enduro and sports bikes.
All kits come with complete mounting kit and damper unit, fitment normally takes around 45 minutes depending on your mechanical abilities.
These kits make a big difference to your bike over rough terrain and under acceleration.
We used the same kits on our race team bikes at the 2008 and 2009 Finke Desert Race.
We offer 12 months warranty on all our steering damper kits.
Why is Scotts Stabilizer so much better than others?
One of the dampers most important features is that the Scotts Stabilizer only dampens as the handlebar turns away from center. The handlebar "free-valves" back to dead straight. That makes the bike want to go straight, all by itself. This is a huge advantage over other stabilizers. It also boasts a damping control this is adjustable on the fly. It only takes two seconds of one handed riding to change the damping, similar to the time it would take to pull the string on your roll-off lens. Even more importantly, the Scotts stabilizer has a "high-speed" damping adjustment, similar to the high speed adjustment in your shock. Since the stabilizer is literally a little shock absorber controlling the unwanted left to right motion of your bars, it only makes sense that you would want to have a circuit that absorbs the impacts that exceed the normal range of hits, similar to the high speed valving your shock. Most impacts and head-shake at the front wheel are "high speed" movements, where on the other hand, turning is generally a low speed movement. If you don't like the feeling the stabilizer provides in turns or while flying a SX jump, you can adjust it out and still retain it's ability to absorb high speed impacts. NO OTHER STABILIZER HAS THIS FEATURE. Why? Because it's expensive to build and Scotts own the patent on this concept. Not only is the damping rate and high speed circuit adjustable, but the arc of movement over which it operates is also adjustable, Scotts call those sweep controls. So in summary, the Scotts Stabilizer has 3 fully adjustable circuits all of which are critical to any stabilizers ability to function correctly.
Check out these features:
* It is the only Stabilizer with three fully adjustable circuits.
* It is the only Stabilizer that has an adjustable damping control that allows 25 adjustment clicks while riding.
* It is the only Stabilizer that allows you to adjust the amount of degrees of damping you want from centerline.
* It is the only Stabilizer that has a "High Speed Circuit" designed to absorb those sharp edged jolts.
* It is the only Stabilizer that successfully works for every type of off-road application... including Motocross.
* It is the only Stabilizer that easily moves from motorcycle to motorcycle in literally seconds.
* It is the only stabilizer that's been around for 15 years and has won every major off-road race including the grueling Baja 1000, 15 times.
* It's the only stabilizer to be tested and endorsed by every leading off-road magazine
Kits for all popular late model quads, mx, enduro and sports bikes are available.
For availability of other models please email or call.
For dirt bike dampers available click here
Complete damper kits of most models are from $649.00 including delivery.
You can order kits online to suit all Japanese, KTM, Husaberg and Husqvarna Enduro and MX models by selecting the mounting type you require and clicking below:
Payments are processed securely via paypal. Please be sure to specify the exact make, model and year when completing paypal checkout.
Dampers to suit other models are avaliable by contacting us via phone or email.
Kits are normally received within 7 days of purchase.
Please don't hesitate to call us on 0400 033 996 or email if you have any questions regarding these kits.
We also accept payment via Credit Card and Direct Deposit.
We are an authorized dealer for Scotts Steering Dampers